The WSPA was founded June 11, 1986 in Tucson, AZ. The charter meeting was the result of a year's effort and input by the pilots who attended the 1985 Women Soaring Seminar at Air Sailing near Reno, NV. Our current membership exceeds 200 pilots including International pilots.
The highlight of each year is the Annual Women Soaring Seminar where members from all over the country meet to encourage and support each other and to soar.
Check the Seminar tab for more information about the annual seminar.
Quick one page list of benefits
- Participation in the Women's Soaring Seminar held annually.
- Subscription to Hangar Soaring, the Official quarterly newsletter of the WSPA.
- Ability to compete for the Anne Morrow Lindbergh Trophy for the longest handicapped cross-country flight of the year.
- Ability to compete for the Virginia Schweizer Trophy for the best performance by a woman pilot at the 1-26 Championships.
- Full Membership is open to any woman holding a student glider rating or higher.
- Associate Membership is open to everyone else.
- Dues are $20.00/year due in June. ($21 for PayPal) Dues are not prorated.
- Life Member $300
Click on the PayPal button below to pay dues using PayPal!
(donations always accepted too!)
How Do I Join?
I Have Questions