Anne Morrow Lindbergh (AML) Challenge Trophy
In 1930 Anne Morrow Lindbergh became the first woman in the United States to get a glider pilot's license. The AML Trophy recognizes a WSPA member with the longest handicapped cross-country flight of the year. The contest runs from March 1 through the last day in February of each calendar year. WSPA's AML Trophy Committee administers the award. Flight claims and applications for the award are to be made by filling out the
AML Trophy Fight Claim/Application Form and sending via email to email@example.com
AML Trophy Winners
|1987 - Mary Hunt Rust
||1988 - Julie Schneider
||1989 - Ducky McEwen
|1990 - Eulalia Nichols
||1991 - Julie Schneider
||1994 - Pat N. Spears (D)
|1995 - Pat N. Spears (D)
||2002 - Dale Pizzo
||2004 - Kathy Fosha
|2005 - Sarah Kelly
||2006 - Kathy Taylor
||2007 - Kathleen Winter
|2008 - AnnaLaura Geusen, DE
||2010 - Carol Mulder, CDN
||2013 - Elke Fuglsang-Petersen
- The contest is open to all full members of the WSPA.
- Flights must be solo, There is no award for multiplace flights.
- Badge flights qualify. Record and contest flights do not.
- For goals and return, triangles, quadlilaterals or zigzags, a turnpoint may only be used once. Straight out distance flights qualify.
- Cross-county mileage will be multiplied by pilot and sailplane handicap.
- Sailplane handicap conforms to the latest SSA handicap list available.
- Pilot factor will be determined by the badge standing at the beginning of the flight. Completion of a badge during the trophy claiming flight will not alter the status at the start of the flight.
- Diamond Badge 1.0
- Gold Badge 1.5
- Sliver Badge 2.0
- All Others 2.5
- All Claims must be submitted using the AML Trophy Fight Claim/Application Form along with the appropriate flight record.
- The contest runs from March 1 through the last day in February of any given calendar year.
- Please request mailing instructions or submit your entry by April 30 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This year's winner will be chosen by the AML Trophy Committee.