43rd Women’s Soaring Seminar – 24-28 August 2020, Springfield, VT
The New England Soaring Association (NESA) operates out of the Hartness State Airport (KVSF), Springfield, VT. KVSF is less than a 2 hour drive from the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport or the Hartford Bradley International Airport, and a 2.5 hours drive from Boston Logan International Airport. While NESA is the primary sponsor, other New England clubs, including the Franconia Soaring Association (FSA) and the Greater Boston Soaring Club (GBSC), are helping out by supplying additional two-place gliders, XC mentor pilots, instructors, tow planes, tow pilots, and presenters for the week.
New England soaring is wonderful. There is varied terrain within reach of Springfield, VT, including a very friendly landable river valley and mountains with ridge and wave lift. The Vermont Green Mountains are to the west and the New Hampshire White Mountains are to the northeast.
To join us at the Seminar:
1) Registration will open soon. More information is still being worked out so please visit this site for updates. Registration will be online or you can contact TBD for a printable form.
2) Pay your registration fee using Paypal if possible.
3) Registration has two levels, you are either Non-flying folks who share Seminar events and meals, or Flying folks. These have two different prices. The same registration fees apply to youth, associate, and full WSPA members.
4) All seminar participants need to be current WSPA members at the time of the Seminar. Dues are $25 per year for full (women) and associate (men) members, and $10 for youth members. You can pay your WSPA dues with your registration.
5) Pilots registering to fly at the Seminar will have temporary membership in NESA, and so need to be SSA members. NESA and participating clubs are SSA clubs, and SSA membership is required club rules. Contact the Soaring Society of America directly if you need a 1-year membership in that society.
6) You are responsible for your own lodging arrangements. Some information is provided below.
Lodging: Camping is available on the airfield. More lodging suggestions are here.
Costs: Non-flying registration is $TBD; Flying registration is $TBD and includes the temporary NESA club membership fee. Additional information on flying costs is here.
Your individual plans: Bringing your own ship? Want to arrange camping on the field? Special diet concerns? Flying in but unfamiliar with the field? Have special plans or hopes for your Seminar flying?
Seminar hostesses are Margaret Roy and Cathy Keller. For questions or suggestions, contact us at Seminar2020@womensoaring.org.
If you prefer not to pay online, send a personal check or money order payable to WSPA and mail to:
C/O Mary Rust
26630 Garrett Ryan Ct.,
Hemet CA 92544